What's Your Web Architecture Strategy?
While doing a quick Search for Architecture on Google, the search result what architects are responsible for showed up.
An architect is responsible for drawing up the detailed plans for a structure and developing final construction plans to include electrical and HVAC (Heating, Ventilation, and Air Conditioning) systems. They may also provide designs for landscape requirements, plumbing, and communication systems. Here was the link it's from.
One would think that an architect draws the design structure, and boom, the others do the rest of the work. I had no idea that included plans for electrical, HVAC or more.
The same goes for the web. The job goes beyond drawing up detailed plans for a structure but also the final development plans. In some cases, this involves web marketing and analytics.
Before we discuss the types of web application architecture, we need to know how web apps work. The work usually happens between the Client(Browser) and the Server side.
Components of Web Architecture
- Client-side Code - The code that is in the browser, which the user can interact with.
- Server-side Code - The code that is on the server and responds to HTTP requests.
Common Types of Web Application Architecture
- Single Page Applications (SPAs) - Gmail
- Multi-Page Applications - Amazon
- Microservices - Netflix, Spotify
- Serverless Architecture - MindMup
Looking for a Lead Web Architect, or want to augment your team?